Although I have only been home two weeks, a lot has happened! I move into my first apartment this Sunday so I have been busy this past week getting everything ready. I volunteered to be in charge of setting up utilities and the bank account we will use to pay the rent each month, what a job this turned into. Our landlord is being anything but helpful and I think he already hates me. I have had to email him multiple times to get information and I still don't think he understands what is going on. We shall see come Sunday. Hopefully this doesn't turn into the chronicles of a terrible landlord.
I will be living on the first floor with Emma, Perri and Maya (reunited finally!!) and the other two floors will be filled with more of our friends. One house, three floors, 12 girls (well 11 plus Krzysztof in the fall). Should be interesting but hopefully a ton of fun. If we weren't intimidating before we definitely will be now!This coming Monday is the first day of my internship. I will be working in the community relations department doing a variety of things but mostly working on charity events the company holds for the Worcester community. I am really excited to start and have a feeling this will be a rewarding internship experience.
I will have lots more to share about the apartment and my internship next week once things start and I move in, so stay tuned.
Since coming home and quickly realizing all of the crepes, cookies and mush I was eating in London finally caught up with me, I started running again. I ran a little bit while I was away but I am running every day again and it feels great. I missed it a lot. Somewhere along the way I let other things take priority over the things I loved. Running is just one of them. But I realized that if you give too much of yourself up for other people, you are the one who suffers the most. I love running and it makes me happy so getting back out there, although extremely hard in the beginning, has been wonderful.
![]() |
| One of my creations. |
I will keep this first post short (even though I just looked and realized it's kind of long) but will be sure to update you all on how things go on Sunday and with my first day of work on Monday. I can't wait to be reunited with all of my friends again and kick off what I know will be an incredible summer!
XX.

No comments:
Post a Comment